Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¾ cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup bacon, crumbled
- ¼ cup jalapeno pepper
- ¼ cup green onion
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Using a fork, carefully pierce the skin of the sweet potatoes all over. Rub them with the oil and season with salt to taste. Place them on a nonstick baking sheet and bake until they are fork tender, for approximately 1 hour. Allow them to cool slightly before handling.
- Preheat the ovent o 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half and using a fork, fluff the insides of the potato.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, bacon, pickled jalapenos and green onion. Stuff each potato with the cream cheese mixture and top with the cheddar cheese. Bake until cheese is completely melted, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply