Hot Cocoa Crinkle Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup sugar
- 24 Hershey’s Hot Cocoa Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In another large bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter until it’s light and fluffy. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and continue to beat for another minute. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until they are well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, one cup at a time, mixing until it is fully incorporated. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- If the dough is a little sticky, place it in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes or until it is firm enough to roll into balls.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop and then roll the dough into 1” balls. Roll each ball in powdered sugar and arrange it on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately press one Hershey’s Hot Cocoa Kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Gently transfer the cookies to wire rack for cooling and allow them to cool before enjoying.
Leave a Reply