This decadent dessert is the epitome of summer and is so easy to prepare on the BBQ. Grilling the cake results in incredible caramelization that's perfectly complemented with the sweet and tangy pineapple. Finish it with whipped cream and toasted coconut and you'll feel like you're on vacation.
- 1 store bought angel food cake, cut into 2-inch slices
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 pineapple, cored and sliced into rings
- 2 cups cream
- 2 tbsp toasted shredded coconut
- Brush the angel food cake slices with the butter. Set them aside.
- Grill the pineapple over medium-high heat until grill marks form, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the pineapple rings and grill the remaining side until grill marks form, another 3 minutes. Remove them from the grill and set them aside.
- Grill the angel food cake until grill marks form, about 1 minute. Flip the cake and grill the remaining side until grill marks form, another minute.
- Serve the cake immediately with the grilled pineapple. Top it with the whipped cream and coconut.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g