- 1 vanilla cake, baked and crumbled
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup vanilla icing
- ¼ cup butterscotch
- 3 cups yellow candy melts
- ½ cup sprinkles
- 12 wing cutouts
- In a large bowl, mix the vanilla cake with the spices, icing and butterscotch until a thick dough forms. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 15 to 12 minutes. While freezing, melt the candy melts over a double boiler.
- To assemble the truffles, dip each ball into the melted candy melts, allowing any excess candy coating to drip off. Sprinkle with the gold dust or sprinkles. Allow the truffles to harden completely and insert feathers as wings, using a toothpick for support if needed.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.