- 1 store-bought vanilla cake mix
- 2 tbsp gingerbread spice
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 18 gingerbread cookies, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line an 18-cup muffin tin. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake mix and gingerbread spice. Beat in the milk, eggs, oil, and molasses. Scoop the mixture into the lined muffin tin and bake until they are golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 17 to 20 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add the icing sugar, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Beat until everything is well combined. Transfer the buttercream into a piping bag.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cool, pipe the icing onto the cupcakes. Top each cupcake with a gingerbread cookie.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 417mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 1gSugar: 46gProtein: 5g
Leave a Reply