Ginger Molasses Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice, baking soda, and salt. Set it aside.
- In another large bowl, using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Mix in the egg, molasses, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until the dough is smooth. Scoop the dough using a cookie scoop and, using your hands, roll the dough into a ball. Roll the ball in the granulated sugar and transfer it to the baking sheet. Repeat until all of the dough is used up. Allow the cookies to chill in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes before baking.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Bake the cookies until they are lightly golden, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly before enjoying.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 274mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
Leave a Reply