- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a few baking sheets with parchment paper. Set them aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set it aside.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the white sugar and brown sugar. Continue to mix until they are well combined. Add the egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour mixture until everything is combined. Fold in the chocolate.
- Scoop ⅓ cup of cookie dough per cookie and arrange them on the baking sheets. Space the cookies at least 4 inches apart. Freeze the cookie dough for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake the cookies until they begin to spread, about 10 minutes. Carefully, tap the tray down until the cookies begin to flatten. Return the cookies to the oven and bake for another 2 minutes. Repeat this step every 2 minutes until the cookies are golden around the edges, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly before enjoying.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 330mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 3gSugar: 29gProtein: 5g