- 1 lb fresh salmon, cubed
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 celery rib, roughtly chopped
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the salmon, breadcrumbs, shallots, red bell pepper, celery, and mayonnaise. Season with the Dijon mustard, Old Bay seasoning, capers, salt, and pepper. Pulse until the mixture is mostly smooth and can be shaped into patties. Divide the mixture into 8 and shape them into patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Arrange the salmon cakes on the skillet, making sure to not overcrow the pan. Cook them in batches if necessary. Cook the salmon cakes until they are golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the salmon cakes over and continue to cook until the remaining side is golden and the salmon is cooked through, another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 959mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 28g