Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes
Chocolate Hazelnut Buttercream
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Nutella
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, for garnish
- 1 store-bought chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 18 Ferrero Rocher
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line an 18-cup muffin tin. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, milk, eggs, and oil. Scoop a tablespoon of the batter into the lined muffin tin. Add a Ferrero Rocher to each cupcake. Top it with another 1 to 2 tablespoons of the batter. Bake the cupcakes until they are set and an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 17 to 20 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add the icing sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Beat until everything is well combined. Mix in the Nutella. Transfer the buttercream into a piping bag.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cool, pipe the icing onto the cupcakes. Top each cupcake with some of the slivered hazelnuts.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g
Leave a Reply