Egg White, Spinach & Artichoke Breakfast Wrap
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1-2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3 tbsp marinated marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spread the cream cheese over the tortilla. Set it aside.
- In a skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until it is fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the spinach and cook until it begins to wilt, another minute. Add the red pepper flakes to taste and artichoke hearts. Continue to cook until the spinach has completely wilted and the artichoke hearts have heated through. Transfer the spinach mixture to the centre of the tortilla.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add another teaspoon of oil into the skillet and add the egg whites. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the egg whites have solidified, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the egg whites to the tortilla and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roll it up.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply