- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 celery rib, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp fresh sage
- 2 cups cooked shredded turkey
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 3 tbsp flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 premade puff pastry sheet
- 1 large egg, beaten for egg wash
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the celery and garlic and cook for another minute. Reduce the heat to medium-low and the add flour. Cook, stirring, for another minute. Slowly, stir in the chicken broth and milk. Season with the thyme, sage, salt and pepper. Stir in the turkey and frozen peas and carrots. Cook until heated through.
- Transfer the filling into an oven-safe baking dish and top with the puff pastry and brush with the egg wash. Cut a few holes in the top of the pie to allow steam to escape. Bake until the puff pastry has risen and is golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.