Thai basil has a fresh, slightly spicy flavor that makes this dish absolutely irresistible. As with most stir-fries, it comes together quickly and makes amazing leftovers. What's not to love?
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ lb green beans, tipped and cut into thirds
- 1 shallot, minced
- garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 red Thai chili, sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, tamari, fish sauce, oyster sauce, and brown sugar. Set it aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt to taste. Add the bell pepper and green beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the shallot, garlic, ginger, and chili. Cook, stirring, until the shallots begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Pour the sauce into the skillet and cook, stirring, until the sauce has reduced and thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the basil.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 205mgSodium: 1590mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 45g