When it comes to serving a crowd for brunch, nothing beats this incredible Easy Breakfast Casserole that's loaded with eggs, sausage, potatoes, and cheese for a supremely satisfying savory dish.
- 1 lb breakfast sausages, removed from its casings
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a large baking dish. Set it aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, breaking it up with the side of a spoon. Cook until it is no longer pink, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the onion and the red bell pepper and cook until they begin to soften, about 2 to 4 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set it aside.
- Arrange the hash brown potatoes in a single layer in the baking dish. Distribute half of the cooked sausage mixture over the potatoes and top it with half of the cheddar cheese. Repeat the layers, starting with the potatoes and sausage mixture. Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake the casserole until the potatoes are tender and the eggs set completely, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. If the casserole is browning too quickly, place a piece of aluminum foil over the top.
- Serve immediately topped with the green onion. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 669Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 259mgSodium: 1323mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 24g