- ½ cup sugar
- 2 ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ¼ cup buttermilk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- To make the cookie dough, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set it aside.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the sugar and mix until it is well incorporated. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract. Beat in half of the flour mixture at a time until the wet and dry ingredients are combined. Set it aside.
- To make the cinnamon sugar, in a small bowl, whisk the sugar with the cinnamon.
- Scoop and roll the cookie dough into even balls. Roll them in the cinnamon sugar. Arrange the cookie dough on the baking sheet. Bake until they are lightly golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly before enjoying.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g