This quick and easy Chili Cheese Pasta is guaranteed to be a family favorite even for the pickiest of eaters! It comes together in next to no time and is a great make-ahead meal option! It freezes beautifully so feel free to make a double batch and store half in the freezer for the future!
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 15-oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup fresh chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it up with the side of a spoon until it is no longer pink, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until it begins to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and chili powder. Cook until they become fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the kidney beans, tomato sauce, and beef broth. Season the chili with salt and pepper to taste. Bring the chili sauce to a boil then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the excess water. Transfer the pasta to the chili sauce. Mix well.
- Serve immediately topped with the cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chives. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 957mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 36g