- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 2 pie crusts
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring, until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese. Stir in the onion and pepper mixture, the chicken, and taco seasoniong.
- Using a round cookie cutter or the rim of a glass, cut round circles out of the pie dough. Fill half of the cirlcles with some of cream cheese mixture.Brush some egg wash around the edges of the filled circles. Top each circle with another pie dough piece and seal the edges. Using a knife, cut a small hole in the top of each pie. Brush the tops of the hand pies with egg wash and bake until they are golden, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.