- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 cups cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Arrange a tart tin or pie plate on a baking sheet. Prepare the tart tin or pie plate by greasing it liberally with melted butter.
- Prepare your cherries by removing the pits and cutting them in half. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and flour. Beat with a hand mixer for 3 minutes.
- Pour ¼ inch of batter into the tart tin. Bake just until the batter begins to set, about 5 minutes. Remove the tart tin from the oven.
- Arrange the cherries, cut-side-down, on top of the set batter. Top them with the remaining batter.
- Continue to bake until the clafoutis becomes puffy and golden, between 35 and 40 minutes.
- Top with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply