- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 ½ cups fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the chicken, use a paring knife to cut a slit into the thickest part of the chicken breasts to create a small pocket. Place them on the baking sheet and season with oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Stuff each pocket with the mozzarella, basil leaves and tomato slices. Bake until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF and is golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 40g