- 1 cup shortbread cookies
- 3 tbsp cup butter
- 1 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- red food coloring
- 8 mini candy canes, crushed
- In a small bowl, mix together the crushed cookies and melted butter. Place a few spoonfuls of each into a serving dish and press down. Set them aside.
- Using an electric mixer, in a large bowl, whip together the cream cheese, icing sugar, whipping cream, and peppermint extract until light and fluffy. If using, add a few drops of red food colouring and mix well. Spoon the cream cheese mixture into each serving dish and allow to set in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Once it has set, top with the candy cane dust, whipped cream and baby candy canes.
- Serve immediately.