BBQ Tofu Pizza
- 12 oz extra-firm tofu
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce
- pizza dough
- ⅔ cup pineapple
- ¼ cup red onion, finely sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- To remove excess moisture from tofu, place tofu on a paper towel lined plate or cutting board. Weigh tofu down with a heavy skillet. Let sit for at least 15 minutes. Pat tofu dry and dice into cubes,
- Transfer tofu to a large bowl or zipper bag and toss it in cornstarch, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a nonstick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add tofu, and cook for approximately 10 minutes, turning occasionally until tofu is golden, Once cooked, remove from heat and pour over barbecue sauce to evenly coat.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- To assemble the pizza, roll the dough into desired thickness and shape. Place on large pizza pan. Spread remaining barbecue sauce over pizza in a thin layer. Top with tofu, pineapple, red onion and finish with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 319mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 10g
Leave a Reply