- 2 breads, cut into 1 inch slices
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter, for frying
- 2 bananas, sliced for serving
- ¼ cup walnuts, for serving
- ¼ cup maple syrup, for serving
- Arrange the banana bread on a baking sheet and leave it to dry out for 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- In a large shallow dish, whisk the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- In a large nonstick frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Soak 2 slices of bread in the egg mixture, flipping to ensure both sides are coated. Transfer the bread to the frying pan. Cook until the banana bread becomes golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and repeat until all of the French toast has been prepared.
- Serve immediately with banana slices, walnuts, and maple syrup.