Introducing your new favorite pasta recipe! This incredible Balsamic Mushroom Pasta tastes totally restaurant-worthy but is so quick and easy to make it's sure to become a staple in your household.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms
- 1 lb fresh fettuccine pasta
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, add the cremini and oyster mushrooms to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until they release their moisture and begin to brown, about 4 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pot of salted boiling water, according to the package directions.
- Once the mushrooms are brown, add the shallot and garlic to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until the shallots begin to soften, about 1 minute. Stir in the white wine to deglaze the pan. Once the wine has reduced by half, stir in the balsamic vinegar. Simmer for about 1 minute before transferring the cooked pasta to the skillet along with about ½ cup of the pasta water. Toss the pasta with the mushrooms and cook until the remaining liquid has evaporated, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the fresh thyme leaves.
- Serve immediately topped with some more thyme leaves. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 10g