This healthy Mediterranean-inspired Baked Greek Shrimp is a quick and easy dish that is perfect for busy weeknights. It's low-carb, protein-packed, and bursting with incredible flavor.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 19-oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano, divided
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring, until the shallots begin to soften, about 1 minute. Add the fire-roasted tomatoes and half of the oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and bring the mixture to a simmer. Mix in the spinach and cook until it is wilted, about 1 minute. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer on top of the tomato mixture. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste. Turn the heat off and top the shrimp with the feta cheese and the remaining oregano.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the shrimp is bright pink, about 5 to 10 minutes. Once the shrimp is cooked through, turn the oven onto broil and cook until the feta is lightly golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with the parsley. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 341mgSodium: 1889mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 41g