- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into 2” pieces
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 lemons
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In an oven-safe skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add leeks and cook for for 2 to 3 minutes, or until leeks soften. Add garlic and quinoa and cook for another minute. Add broth, thyme and oregano and bring to a boil. Cover pot and reduce to a simmer. Cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked. Stir in chicken, asparagus, ricotta cheese, the zest and juice of a lemon, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with Parmesan cheese and the remaining lemon, sliced into rounds.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until cheese is slightly golden and quinoa is hot and bubbly.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.