- 2 frozen pie crusts
- 7-8 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 large egg, whisked (for egg wash)
- 1 tbsp sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, coat the apple slices with the brown sugar, cinnamon and flour. Mix well. Pour the apple mixture into the pie shell and egg wash the visible pie dough. Top with the rolled out pie dough and egg wash the top. Sprinkle over the sugar and cut 2 holes in the top of the pie to allow steam to escape. Bake until the crust is golden and the apples have softened, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Allow the pie to cool slightly before serving or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.