This delicious Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie is the perfect indulgent holiday dessert! The filling is bursting with seasonal flavor and the ginger snap crust takes it right over the top!
- 5 cups ginger snap cookies
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, fresh or canned
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a food processor, add the gingersnap cookies. Pulse them until they break down. Slowly pour in the melted butter. Once combined, press the cookie crumbs into a tart pan. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the filling ingredients together. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake the pie until it is golden and the pumpkin mixture has set, about 30 to 40 minutes minutes.
- While the pie is baking, in a large mixing bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar, and flour. Slowly stir in the melted butter.
- Once the pie is baked, top it with the pecan crumble. Return the pie to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the pecans are toasted.
Allow the pie to cool before serving or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.