These soft, chewy 2 Ingredient Bagels are about to become your new favorite breakfast. They are so simple to make and the flavor possibilities are endless.
2 Ingredient Bagels
- 1 ¾ cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg, beaten (optional)
- 2 tbsp everything seasoning (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour with the yogurt until a dough forms. If the mixture is a little dry, add another spoonful of yogurt. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Using hands, knead the dough until it is smooth and pliable, about 4 to 5 minutes. Divide the dough into four equal pieces. Working one piece of dough at a time, roll it into a smooth sphere. Using your thumbs, create a small hole in the center of the dough. Once the dough is in a bagel shape, transfer it to the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the remaining pieces of dough.
- For plain bagels, bake them as is until they are golden, about 20 to 24 minutes. For Everything bagels, before the they are baked, brush them with the egg and liberally season the top of each bagel with the everything bagel seasoning. Bake them until they are golden, about 20 to 24 minutes.
- Allow the bagels to cool for at least five minutes before enjoying. Once cooled, store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.