Green Beans Almondine | Foolproof Thanksgiving Recipe
- 1 ½ lbs green beans, trimmed
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until they turn bright green and tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the cooked beans to an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the almonds and cook, stirring frequently, until they become golden, about 4 minutes. Add the shallots and cook until they begin to soften, an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Add the green beans and toss them until they are coated in butter and just heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Leave a Reply