This fresh and flavorful Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad is inspired by the Jennifer Aniston salad that made the rounds on social media this year. Instead of bulgur wheat, try quinoa which keeps this gluten-free and adds a good hit of protein. The addition of fresh parsley, mint and chopped pistachios makes this salad something really special.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 19-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, add the quinoa, cucumber, chickpeas, red onion, feta, parsley, mint, and pistachios.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss until everything is evenly distributed.Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.