I have tried so many different techniques for poaching eggs and this is the ONLY one that turns out perfectly, each and every time!
FOR STEP-BY-STEP VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE.
- Fill a large, deep pot with about three inches of water.
- Bring the water to a simmer, with the bubbles just breaking the surface.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a bowl.
- Crack an egg into the sieve and allow the ‘loose white’ to drain for approximately 30 seconds.
- Gently roll the egg of the sieve and into a small bowl or ramekin.
- Repeat with all of the eggs, placing each into its own individual bowl.
- Gently roll each egg into water, getting as close to the water’s surface as possible.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and set a timer for five minutes. NO PEEKING!
- After five minutes, use a slotted spoon to remove eggs from pot onto a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve immediately.
- To store the eggs for future use, place them directly into an ice bath for ten seconds before draining. Store them in an airtight container for up to three days. To reheat them, simply place them back into a pot of boiling water for approximately 30 seconds.