I am a HUGE popcorn fan but not such a big fan of the microwave. In fact, I haven’t owned a microwave for more than a decade so I spent years without popcorn until a my boyfriend showed me how to make it on the stove. This is SOOO EASY you’ll wonder why you haven’t been making it this way all along.
This popcorn is so light, airy and delicious, you'll never eat microwave popcorn again! It's also the perfect vehicle for endless flavour possibilities. Delish! For step-by-step video instructions CLICK HERE For some divine flavour ideas check out these links:
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 to 3 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- Coat the bottom of large pot with canola or vegetable oil. It is really important to coat the entire surface, otherwise your popcorn will burn. You also want to use an oil with a high smoke point so don't try this with olive oil.
- Once your pot is coated, turn your heat to medium high and place two corn kernels in the pot.
- Watch those kernels - as soon as they pop, your pot is ready.
- Pour a half cup of corn kernels into the pot in a single layer and replace the lid.
- Listen closely - as soon as you hear the first few pops give your pot a good shake.
- Alternate ten seconds on the heat with ten seconds of shaking. This will ensure your popcorn pops evenly and doesn't burn. This will take about two minutes of constant attention so make any other plans 🙂
- As soon as your hear the popping slow, turn off the heat and shake your pot until the last kernels have popped.
- And VOILA! You have light, airy popcorn without the microwave. Enjoy!