*This post was made in collaboration with BUSH’S Beans
One Pot Cajun Chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
6 chicken thighs or legs
1 small yellow onion, diced
3 celery ribs, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1⁄2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
1 cup rice
1 can BUSH’S Dark Red Kidney Beans
2 cups vegetable broth
1 can diced tomatoes, 15oz
salt and pepper
1. In a large skillet heat olive oil
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then fry for 3-4 minutes per side, or until the chicken is golden.
3. Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
4. To the same skillet add onion, celery and bell pepper. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until they begin to soften. Add minced garlic, Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper (if you like the heat.) Cook for an additional 30 seconds.
5. Add rice, BUSH’S Dark Red Kidney Beans, broth and diced tomatoes. Bring mixture to a simmer, return the chicken to the skillet and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.