Chili Cheese One Pot Pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1lb ground beef or turkey
- 1lb rotini
- 1 can beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot heat olive oil over medium high.
- Add onion and sauté until it begins to soften; between 3 and 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add ground beef and cook until it’s no longer pink. Use the side of your spoon to break it into small pieces.
- Add spices and cook for an additional minute.
- Add rotini, beans, broth and tomatoes.
- Once the mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until the liquid is all absorbed and the pasta is cooked through.
- *Be sure to stir the pasta every two minutes or so because it loves to stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir until it’s completely melted.
- Serve with more shredded cheddar, sour cream and green onion.