- Apple Roses
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 apple, Red Delicious
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease 4 small ramekins with butter. You can also use a muffin tin if preferred.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and stir well. Set aside.
- Cut apple in half and remove the core.
- Cut apple into thin slices.
- Place apple slices into a heat proof bowl and cover with lemon juice and boiling water to soften.
- Alternatively, you can microwave the apples for one minute or until they’re softened.
- Gently roll out puff pastry dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, slice dough into 4 equal strips; approximately 2.5” by 12”.
- Using a pastry brush coat the pastry with melted butter.
- Arrange apples along the top of the pastry strip, overlapping each slice by about half.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Fold bottom half of pastry up over the bottom edge of the apples.
- Brush pastry with more melted butter and sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar.
- Starting at one end, gently roll pastry into a rose shape.
- Place each rose into a ramekin or muffin tin.
- Bake at 400°F for between 50 minutes and 1 hour. (40-50 minutes if using a muffin tin.
- If the apples start to get too brown, gently cover them with foil.
- Carefully remove roses from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes.
- Run a butter knife around the inner rim of the ramekin to release the tart.