Pineapple Coconut Rice
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 8oz extra firm tofu, cut into ½ inch cubes (optional)
- 1 orange bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup pineapple, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp tamari OR soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp sriracha (optional)
- crushed cashews
- 2-3 green onion, finely chopped
- In a small saucepan bring rice, coconut milk and vegetable broth to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow rice to sit covered for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a large frying pan heat coconut oil over medium high.
- Add tofu and cook, stirring frequently, until it’s browned on all sides.
- Remove cooked tofu from pan and set aside.
- In the same frying pan combine bell pepper and pineapple.
- Cook until the ingredients have softened, between 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and allow it to cook for an additional 30 seconds or until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the cooked tofu and coconut rice to the pan.
- Season it with tamari and sriracha and stir well.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve topped with crushed cashews and green onion.
For more delicious recipes, visit Flavour.ca